Top 10 Things You Did Not Know About Thokozani Langa In 2019 – Popular South African singer of the Maskanda genre of music, known for award-winning albums like Phuma Kimi.
- Thokozani Langa was born 9 February 1972, he is a Maskanda musician from Mahlabathini, Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa.
2. Following establishing his music career and exposure on national radio and the traditional South African music program Ezodumo, he was nominated for SAMA for both his albums Ipeni Nephepha (2005) and Lishonil’ Ilanga (2006), in the category of Best Maskandi Album and Best Mbaqanga Album respectively, alongside the Soul Brothers and Bhekumuzi Luthuli.
3. Thokozani Langa was engaged for some time in a musical rivalry/beef with fellow Maskanda singer Bhekumuzi Luthuli. The dispute is the subject of Langa’s album entitled Phuma Kimi, released in 2007, which won the SATMA award for Best Male Artist in September that year.
4. Langa received an award at the 2012 18th South African Music Awards in the category of Best Maskandi Album for I-Protection Order.
5. Thokozani (38) and his long-time sweetheart, Kwenzekile, otherwise known as MaBasi got married after 20 years of being together in August 2010
6. He has had crowd booing him following his diss track “Phuma Kimi” to Luthuli and Langa continued to perform the song that disses Luthuli, their idol. In the song Phuma Kimi, Langa, who said earlier this year that Luthuli was his idol, reveals the singer to get off his back. Early this year, they had a much-heated exchange on Ukhozi FM where Luthuli accused Langa of imitating him.
7. prior to Fame
He first gained recognition after his music appeared on the South African music show Ezodumo.
8. Thokozani Langa is best known as a celebrity who was born in South Africa on Wednesday
February 9 1972. Thokozani is currently 45 years old. Langa’s birth sign is Aquarius.
9. Family Life
He has children with Senzekile Basi.
10. Associated With
He and South African dance artist Black Coffee have both been recipients of a South African Music Award.
Written by: Aphiwe Theodorah Mvinjelwa