Top 10 Interesting Facts To Know About DJ Shimza In 2019 – We know him as YFM’s DJ Shimza and one of SA’s biggest house music producer.
He has assisted in pioneering the music scene. He has produced the popular hit single “Akulalwa,” and “African Woman.”
- DJ Shimza was born on the 15th of May, 1989. He was born in 1980s, in Millennials Generation. DJ Shimza, best known for being a Dj, was born in Swaziland,
2. South African DJ most well known for the release of his debut album Shimuzic in June 2015. He is known for his performances throughout South Africa.
3. He is from Tembisa township in South Africa, though he was born in Swaziland.
4. DJ Shimza zodiac sign is a Taurus, Dates of Taurus are April 20 – May 20. People born under the Taurus zodiac sign are often incredibly dedicated, reliable and dependable. Above all things, they value their sense of security and stability. They tend to Steady, driven, tenacious, enduring, persistent, trustworthy, and patient.
5. He started his music career at the Soul Candi Academy. He has released two CD compilations titled ‘SA House Chart’ and ‘Next Big Thing’ which are currently dominating nightclubs.
6. DJ Shimza has travelled to several countries such as Mexico, Labadie, United State of America and the UK, displaying his musical talents
7. Renowned DJ and philanthropist, Ashley ‘Shimza’ Raphala has staged his 11th annual One Man Show in just a little over a month in June 2019. The event has a charity for children around Tembisa who receive school shoes from Shimuzic.
8. When he was 26-year-old he went on to win the Red Square DJ competition in 2006. He also won the South African Music Conference’s DJ Spin-offs Competition, National VO Bertrams “The Next Big Thing” and Gauteng Carnival DJ Competition.
9. Dj Shimza has cultivated entrepreneurial skills within the music industry and his association with Soul Candi Music as a student and later an employee for several months further sharpened these skills hence the birth of SHIMUZIC PRODUCTIONS
10. Mr Raphala is running an annual drive to donate school shoes to disadvantaged children. The DJ, who started this campaign in 2010, was this year able to collect a massive 3,000 pairs from an initial drive that started with 250 pairs. The event has a charity for children around Tembisa who receive school shoes
Written by: Aphiwe Theodorah Mvinjelwa