Top 10 Things You Did Not Know About Nomcebo 2019 – After years plying her trade as a backing vocalist, Nomcebo Zikode is finally striking out on her own.
After matric, she packed her bags and left her native Hammarsdale in KwaZulu-Natal to head for Johannesburg in search of a career in music.
- Nomcebo Zikode is a South African singer, songwriter, and performer. She is stepped into the limelight following the talent search on Ukhozi FM headed by Tshepo Nzimande in 2003.
2. Upon complete matriculation, she moved to Johannesburg to pursue her music career. She hails from Hammarsdale in KwaZulu-Nata.
3. Nomcebo Zikode is signed under the record label, Open Mic Production.
4. She won the search on Ukhozi FM in 2003 headed by Tshepo Nzimande. Lundi, S’fiso, Kholeka, Nhlanhla Nciza, and Zahara emerged the runner ups.
5. Zikode studied Information technology and according to her. The knowledge was of great importance to navigate the world of computers and technology.
6. Zikode made her debut performance in Botswana Francistown. The artist set the stage on fire with her dance moves and unique deep voice, which melted the hearts of the crowd.
7. DJ Ganyani’s musical relationship with his artist Nomcebo Nkwanyana has crumbled. The two are fighting like cat and dog over money as Ganyani also seeks to interdict his protégé from performing his songs.
8. Nomcebo collaborated on a song by MasterKG titled “Jerusalem,” featuring Nomcebo Zikode.
9. She has learnt to be grounded, focused and respect people and time, and also to never forget how you were brought up. She says she is bringing a fresh sound to the industry, as well as music that will be enjoyed by both young and old people.
10. She listens to beats that are soulful and upbeat.