Top 10 Interesting Fun Facts About The “Newly Engaged “TDK Macassette 2020 – Still, she’s only 27, turning 28 and she is learning how to balance her career ambitions and her personal desires – something that’s complex enough to handle before you throw in prying fans, the expectations of a major record label and the intrusiveness of tabloids.
As TDK’s star rises and she builds her public image, she could well become a gqom artist known for representing the genre zeitgeist for the next decades. But we’ll have to watch and see.
- As a child TDK Macassette hosted an Ukhozi FM kiddies show.
- Born on September 22 1992, in Woodlands, Montclair, Durban, she’s the middle child of Zami Mkhwanazi, a strict mother who was a school teacher.
- In grades 10 and 11 she decided to take drama as a subject and, since then, even when she was sick, and always when she was in high spirits, she would perform concerts for us
- she studied journalism at Boston College.
- She graduated with public relations management at the Durban University of Technology in the year 2018.
- TDK exploded on to the music scene when she was featured on the original version of DJ Maphorisa’s hit IWalk Ye Phara. That was before she was controversially replaced on the remix by Moonchild Sanelly a few months down the line
- She’s precisely always dressed as a doll with blond curls, large bejewelled sunglasses and a costume that shows off her tiny fit form; it’s consistent with how she wants to be seen in public.
- She is an entrepreneur who owns her own communications company called Tdeeiosion Communications Management. The company has done some work for DJ Tira’s company Afrotainment, the Metro FM Awards, the Durban July and the Goven Mbeki Awards.
- As a child, she was often seen on stage singing in the United Congregation Church of SA’s Sunday school.
- She used to feel she is being pitted against South Africa’s so-called queen of gqom Babes Wodumo, although she believes to be doing her own thing. She got engaged recently and will be planning her wedding soon in the year 2020