Top 10 Things That You Need To Know About The Legendary Cleo 2019 – – Dance music producer who has become renowned in South Africa for house and Kwaito hits like “Yile Gqom,” “Aaaiiiyyy” and “Bhampa Side to Side.” He is the founder of Will Of Steel Productions.
- Dj Cleo whose real name is Tlou Cleopas Monyepao was born on 24th December 1979 in Vosloorus, South Africa. He is a South African Kwaito and House producer. He is the founder of Will Of Steel Productions.
2. He started as a producer of the Unrestricted Breakfast Show hosted by DJ Fresh on YFM.
3. He then established his own recording label – Will of Steel Productions – and the first musician he produced was Pitch Black Afro.
4. He later worked on the soundtrack for the Oscar-winning feature film Tsotsi. He also had a recurring role as a freelance producer who works for Zondi Entertainment Enterprise in the e.tv soapie Rhythm City.
5. DJ Cleo, who hails from South Africa’s Gauteng East Rand, began his musical career at the tender age of ten.
6. Having Marabi styles close to his heart, and being a bass player, Cleo sought out programming and engineering skills, even doing a stint at Allenby Campus on sound engineering, as he pursued a new concept in musicianship, that being the marriage of musical instrumental skills, programming skills and engineering skills.
7. Cleo’s debut recording was “Will of Steel which featured on the DJ Glen Lewis/DJ Fresh’s “Gatecrasher double CD compilation.
8. He also had a recurring role as a freelance producer who works for Zondi Entertainment Enterprise in the e.tv soapie Rhythm City.
9. He was also known for appearing in the travel docu-series Vaya Mzansi, in which he and DJ Angie Khumalo ride around South Africa on motorbikes to unearth interesting stories – political, historical, criminal, ideological – all seen through the eyes of local people.
10. He is the winner of numerous South African Music Awards, including Best Urban Dance Album for Es’khaleni Phase 4 (2007).