Top 10 Things You Might Have Known About Shaha 2020 – THE songbird known as Sha Sha is the main subject, the rope, in a bitter tug of war.
Sha Sha is in special and rare company. How has she managed, in such a short space of time?
Mapimbiro gained prominence as the mesmerising voice behind the current hit song Akulaleki by Samthing Soweto, Nge Thanda Wena by Mlindo The Vocalist and Scorpion Kings’ song We Mama.
Check out below The Top 10 things you might have known or not about the rising star:
- She is from Mutare, Zimbabwe and unfortunately for her, her father and mother separated after her birth. She grew up under the care of her grandmother and later moved to stay with her aunts.
2. She joined a choir, discovered that she could sing and began taking piano lessons for a while during her stay with her grandma.
3. Sha Sha knew she had singing talent but didn’t take it seriously not until her friends took her music to one of Zimbabwe’s biggest radio stations.
4. Her career dates back to 2017. Sha Sha and Audius collaborated with Brain Soko who assisted them to connect with some producers in South Africa. A popular producer, Audius Mtawarira, who helped her improve her craft and became her mentor.
5. She came down to South Africa to work with a few rappers and producers including Priddy Ugly and Rouge. Sha Sha was later featured on the albums.
6. Her cab driver introduced her to DJ Maphorisa and she played him one of her ballads, and he approved it. From there, they both started working together.
7. Sha Sha has been recording for a long time now, her EP has been six (6) years in the making. According to her, ‘Blossom is the result of a lot of blood, sweat, and tears”.
8. Performing at Harare International Festival of the Arts (HIFA) is one of my biggest career highlights. I also shared the stage with the late Oliver Mtukudzi, which was unbelievable because I grew up listening to him.
9. The musician, who says she initially wanted to be a nurse, said she found her true calling after encouragement from peers.
10. Sha Sha confesses that she does not like the nightlife, preferring rather spend her nights at home watching moves.